After having a pretty busy week at work, I decided to take Saturday off instead of my usual Sunday to clear my head and rest my body. I’m really glad I did, as I feel energetic and more focused today.
I continue to wonder what I am doing in the studio, so today, I start off with some more analyzing. I have a few more themes that I want to contemplate.
Collage with SAME PERSON:
When the same person is in the same collage more than once, it feels mostly like a memory that the person is having.
- Memory of an experience.
- Memory of a feeling.
- An alter ego.
- De ja vu.
Collages with ANIMALS:
- All horses and dogs. That makes me wonder if cats as pets were popular back then.
- Show horses – pride – companions.
- Dogs – companions.
- Symbol of a wilder side – out of control.
- Taming of the wild side.
- My dad loved animals.
Collages with my POP:
- Most of these collages are my Pop as a child. There are a few of him as a young adult.
- His expressions are mostly serious, especially the ones where he is posing. Some of the more candid shots are less serious. He probably didn’t like to get his photo taken.
- He loves animals and loved to show horses.
Collages of my MAW MAW:
Since all the photos I am using are from her collection, I feel like they tell a lot about her.
- She was surrounded by friends and liked to spend time with them. They had a lot of fun, and she was very close to them.
- She always had a big smile in her photos, so she must have been very happy.
- These photos are her memories, and they are from her perspective.
- They show the positive things in her life, of coarse who wants to take pictures to remember the bad things? I’ve always remembered her as a very positive person.
**PERHAPS SOME DAY, I WILL LOOK AT MY OWN PHOTO COLLECTION AND CREATE SOME COLLAGES. THOUGH, I’M NOT READY TO MOVE ON TO ANOTHER COLLECTION, YET. THAT WOULD BE A WHOLE OTHER THESIS.